2397 Jeanne Street ~ Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
Larry Kuperman Resume 2014 (Download)
A BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER who has extensive experience in the PC gaming ecosystem and
key contacts at every major games publisher. Helped pioneer the Total Gaming Network (direct-to-consumer
downloads) in 2004 and signed the first third-party games by an external publisher. As Global Account Manager
at Stardock, grew the digital games business significantly. When the gaming platform was sold to GameStop, was
brought over as Business Development Manager and doubled revenues the first year. Capabilities include:
- New Game Company Identification
- Contract Negotiations
- Games Distribution & Sales
- Software Sales
- Publisher Relationships
- Revenue Optimization
- Fortune 100 Customer List
- Direct-to-Consumer Game Sales
NIGHT DIVE STUDIOS, Vancouver, WA
2014 – Present
Director of Business Development
- Develop overall growth strategy for this classic game re-publishing company
- Opened new sales channels (Gamers Gate, Greenman gaming, Humble Bundle)
- Negotiated with publishers to acquire new content
- Authored business forms, including contracts, and created marketing materials, PowerPoint and web site redesign
THE POWELL GROUP, Raleigh-Durham, NC
2013 – Present
Director of Business Development (Consultant)
- Develop successful company marketing strategies based on gaming industry expertise and extensive industry relationships
- Create marketing materials
- Determine clients and products to represent and to which retail and publishing services the products will be offered
- Provide complete product business management including broad range brand presentations, deal negotiations, product production management, and recommend, implement and manage product partnerships
GAMESTOP, Grapevine, TX 2011 – 2013
Business Development Manager for Digital Games
- Negotiated business contracts in collaboration with the corporate lawyers
- Established and maintained relationships with publishing partners; identified and signed up new independent publishers
- Managed relationships with major partners, including the largest game companies in the world
- Consulted and oversaw daily and weekly sales and special offers
- Proactively recruited independent game developers to list titles on the company’s platform
- Fostered relationships with many of the largest PC companies in the world by developing initial contacts and following through with contract negotiations.
- Warranted successful content and product launches through extensive marketing efforts
- Expanded company and client revenues by creating and deploying creative, unique and extensive marketing initiatives
STARDOCK SYSTEMS, Plymouth, Michigan 2008 – 2011
Global Account Manager
Accounts Managed ~ Electronic Arts (EA), Paradox Interactive, Activision, Atari, Bethesda Softworks, THQ and Ubisoft
Manage relationships with some of the largest PC companies in the world by developing initial contacts, as well as following through with contract negotiations and ensuring a successful content and product launch through extensive marketing efforts in order to maximize profitability.
- Expand company and client revenues by creating and deploying creative, unique and extensive marketing initiatives, writing timely and engaging press releases, and constantly monitoring progress, making necessary changes in sales strategy if necessary to boost profits and gain market share.
- Development and acquisition of Tier 1 gaming content providers as a part of launching the company’s prestigious electronic PC software download platform.
- Develop and foster positive business client relationships through extensive contact networks, as well as having expert knowledge of the industry, in order to sustain long-term company and client success.
STARDOCK SYSTEMS, Plymouth, Michigan 2001 – 2008
Accounts Managed ~ AMD, ATI Technologies, Autodesk, Bell South, General Electric, Intel, Kodak, Microsoft, Motorola, NVIDIA, Reuters, SONY and T-Mobile
Successfully established the company as a business-to-business solution provider by identifying, establishing and maintaining a series of key partnerships with prominent client companies.
- Wrote detailed corporate history documents, informative and timely press releases, and effective marketing documents.
- Grew annual sales at a rate of more than 40% by developing an outstanding marketing program.
- Penetrated practically all growing vertical markets, from technology, to telecom and medical equipment, thereby surpassing set organizational missions and goals.
- Created and directed the launch of a highly productive software development tool called DirectSkin which allows software developers to create a more pleasing, custom graphical appearance for their applications.
- Managed enterprise software sales to a client base that includes Microsoft, General Electric, SONY and Siemens, as well as many of the world’s foremost technology companies.
- Recognized by the industry as a Microsoft Gold Partner as a result of outstanding client business initiatives.
- Selected by Microsoft as a partner in the Windows XP product launch, in addition to being one of only 25 companies participating in the Longhorn Beta program, giving the company a tremendous competitive advantage.
- Ensured that PC games were sold at retail by establishing and maintaining vital relationships with chief game publishers such as Atari, Take Two, Ubisoft and many others.
- Successfully signed the largest PC gaming companies in order to add their games to the company’s resale platform, and thereby managing their lucrative marketing campaigns, resulting in revenues in excess of $1 million per year.
XFER INTERNATIONAL, Ann Arbor, Michigan 1998 – 2001
- Developed and implemented a successful sales strategy during a time of conflict, when the company was in the midst of redefining itself as a chief provider of computer-based communications solutions.
- Lead the company to becoming the major computer telephony integrator in the area by successfully directing sales and marketing efforts, as well as identifying potential and complex vertical marketing strategies, and finally launching winning sales campaigns within fresh regional markets.
- Guided the company to a position in which it had a new and innovative leadership position in providing communication services that included voice and data network integration, unified messaging, Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Wireless Email.
COMPETITIVE COMPUTER SYSTEMS, Ann Arbor, Michigan
1995 – 1998
Sales Manager ~ Custom Computer Building
Accounts Managed ~ Compaq, General Motors, Hewlett Packard IBM
- Exceeded $5 million in revenues within the first year of becoming a top-level Sales Manager, and at which time was effectively responsible for hiring, training and subsequently supervising an exceptionally successful five-person sales department.
- Increased sales revenues and received several prestigious certifications as a result of being in charge of the development of strategic partnerships with area companies.
- Maintained lasting and committed client accounts as a result of outstanding client business relationships, thereby realizing personal sales that exceeded $1 million for each year of employment.
- Secured a contract for more than $1 million to provide computers and support services for M-Care by skillfully guiding the company to becoming an accredited and highly recognized vendor for Compaq, IBM and Hewlett Packard products, in addition to becoming certified as a Netscape Solution Expert and a McAfee Security Expert.
UNIVERSITY OF DETROIT MERCY COLLEGE, Detroit, Michigan
Master of Business Administration, 1993
~ M.B.A Scholar of the Year Award , First M.B.A. graduate to earn a G.P.A. of 4.0
~ Beta Gamma Sigma, the prestigious National Business Honor Society
~ Authored a comprehensive manuscript on business training for inner-city youth – describing methods of
motivation to bring about change and ensure increased achievements and lifelong accomplishments.